Our Policy Work will highlight barriers, systemic issues, or community policies that pose particular challenges for communities seeking to redress racial inequities in housing. Whether the topic is a Policy Brief or a bi-monthly Policy Discussion Group, the Center creates a space for open conversation around issues that need working solutions.
Policy Discussion Groups
Fair Housing: Now and in the Future
POLICY BRIEFS AND/OR POLICY DISCUSSION GROUPS TO COME:
- Is the Fair Housing Act making it harder to implement remedies for housing discrimination?
- Are there ways to make Section 3 work more effectively?
- Is the Community Reinvestment Act meeting it’s potential?
- Should Community Redevelopment Areas be required to include affordable housing in redevelopment?
- Should Inclusionary Housing Policies be mandatory for all Master Planned and TND developments?
- Should public resources for homeownership be used solely for creating a permanent stock of affordable homeownership?
- How should the UPHPA be implemented to avoid Black land loss?
- Should Community Benefits Agreements be used whenever big box stores or other large employers of lower-paid workers come to town?
- Should planners use a Climate migration and environmental justice lens when making land-use decisions?
- Is it good public policy to do everything necessary to reduce barriers to reentry for people released from incarceration?
- Are we using the right Public Housing policies and programs to support residents?
- What is the best way to balance investment in minority communities and support housing choice?